There are many places to see in Bangkok, a city where tradition and modernity try to live together (and get it) side by side. One of these cities that you love or hate, in which the best option is to find chaos charm, besides beingMecca of backpackers starting to tour Southeast Asia. If this is your first time in this area, we recommend you start in this city where the culture shock will not be as brutal as in other Asian countries. In Bangkok you can go through the markets, visit the temples and palaces, navigate the canals to eat at street stalls ... We propose you a list of 50 things to see and do in Bangkok, based on the 6 days we were in the city on our trip to Thailand in 21 days for free and the 5 days we spent in the city, on our last trip, during which we wrote this travel guide to Thailand. We start!
1. Stroll along the shore of the Chao Phraya River until you reach the Asiatique night market with quality clothing and souvenirs, massage stands and restaurants of all kinds.
2. See in the distance the Emerald Buddha in the temple Wat Phra Kaew, the Thailand's most important Buddhist temple and one of the essential places to visit in Bangkok.
3. Find a bargain in one of the 15,000 market stalls in Chatuchak, the largest in Thailand and where we can find everything.
4. Tour the Chinatown neighborhood at night, full of lights and with a lot of atmosphere, with shops to buy cheap clothes and Chinese restaurants.
5. Have a drink at the Sirocco Bar, famous for going out in the movie «Hangover in Thailand«, With stunning views of Bangkok thanks to its location at the top of the Lebua at State Tower Hotel.
6. Be surprised to enter the Wat Pho and see the impressive statue of the great Reclining Buddha.
A good option to save time and see the city from another perspective is to book the Bangkok tourist bus.
More things to see and do in Bangkok
11. Curiosear in the MBK, the most famous shopping center in the city. Do not forget that many of the items they sell are fakes, not as high quality as their salespeople appear or proclaim.
12. Have a romantic dinner by booking a night cruise on the Chao Phraya River.
13. Risk the physique and swallow contamination to get to the sites before when you take a tuk tuk.
14. Climb the 300 steps of the Wat Saket or Monte Dorado temple, with good views of the old part of the city.
15. Going through every corner and temple of the Grand Royal Palace in Bangkok, one of the best things to see and do in Bangkok. A good option is to book a tour of the Grand Palace and the temples of Bangkok with a guide in Spanish.
Khao San Road
46. Avoid wearing tank tops or shorts if we plan to visit a temple as they may prohibit us from entering.
47. See luxury in the Siam Paragon shopping center, from Lamborghini dealers to the largest aquarium in Asia, the Siam Ocean World.
48. Visiting the famous Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, a market that although it has become very touristy, will surprise us.
49. Be surprised to see and enter the Dusit Palace, much like the palaces of Europe.
50. Thailand is the country of smiles, especially in less touristy areas, but in Bangkok you have to be patient and do not hurry, take with humor all the anecdotes that will occur throughout the day, enjoying the city and this amazing country with the open lie.
* Book your transfer Airport ⇆ Downtown or Hotel Bangkok here
* More excursions and tours in Bangkok here.
If you feel like helping us complete the list of 50 things to see and do in Bangkok, add yours in the comments.