This Madrid guide in one day It is designed for travelers who have little time or for a first day in one of the essential cities of Europe.
Madrid is a city full of activity day and night, in which to make the most of the time it is necessary to draw a good itinerary that includes visiting the most interesting places in the city. Although we can not forget something and that is that in addition to all its museums, markets, parks, monuments, neighborhoods, squares, one of the best things to see and do in Madrid is to try its varied cuisine and enjoy a good tapas in one of the Its numerous terraces.
We also have to say that it is a city that we love and we have visited many times, so based on our experience in the capital of Spain we have made this Madrid guide in one day. We start!
How to go from the airport to the center of Madrid
The best ways to go from Barajas airport to the center of Madrid or your hotel are:
- Subway: From all terminals you can take the subway, which will leave you at the station in half an hour New Ministries from there, connect with metro lines 6 and 10, or with the suburban train, which will take you to the Atocha or Chamartín stations. The price is around 5 euros, according to our final destination.
- Train: From T4 a train leaves that will take you to the stations of Chamartín, Nuevos Ministerios and Atocha for less than 3 euros.
- Bus: From T1, T2 and T4 the Express Airport, which is also the only public transport that has service 24 hours a day and is priced at 5 euros. This bus stops at O'Donnell, Plaza de Cibeles and Atocha and the journey time is usually about 40 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Cab: Taxi prices have a flat rate of 30 euros.
- Private transport: With a price similar to the taxi, it is the most comfortable option since a driver at the airport will wait for you with a sign with your name that will take you directly to the hotel. You can book it here.
For more information about the transfer you can consult this post on how to go from Madrid Airport to the center.
Accommodation in Madrid
In our last trip to Madrid we stayed in the Room007 Select Sol, located in the heart of the city, 200 meters from the Plaza Mayor and 400 meters from the Royal Palace and also has the Sol and Opera metro stop nearby.
The hotel has a good quality / price ratio and is a great option if you are going to be a few days in the city and do not want to waste time on commuting.
Another hotel that we recommend is the Room Mate Óscar, located in the lively Chueca neighborhood, about 10 minutes walk from the Puerta del Sol and 5 minutes from the Gran Vía metro. This hotel with a great quality / price ratio, has a bar on the terrace with stunning views of the city.
For more recommendations on the city you can consult this post of tips to travel to Madrid essential.
Madrid guide in one day
This Madrid route in one day start by eating delicious Neapolitans early in La Mallorquina or some churros with chocolate in the San Ginés Chocolate, two typical places of the city, located near the Puerta del Sol, where we are sure you will start the day in the best way.
Map of the route through Madrid in one day