There are many places to enjoy theBarcelona, especially from some of the best viewpoints of Barcelona, a city that, being surrounded by mountains, has several of them natural, which are true wonders.
Although in addition to these, Barcelona has numerous buildings and churches with high bell towers, which have magnificent views from its terraces, from which you can marvel at the city's perspective, although this is not especially characterized by its skyscrapers, like other large cities .
We know that we are not mistaken if we tell you that any time is good to go to any of them, since all are really incredible regardless of the time of day, although we always recommend climbing to the viewpoints at sunset, at which time you can enjoy of an idyllic image of Barcelona with the Mediterranean Sea in the background and the colors of the sunset.
With this in mind, we have made a list of what we think are the 5 best viewpoints in Barcelona, based mainly on the possibility of having different perspectives of the city.
1. Basilica Santa Maria del Pi
The Basilica Santa Maria del Pi, surrounded by the beautiful squares of Pi and Sant Josep Oriol in the Gothic quarter, has on top of its bell tower what is for us, the best viewpoint of Barcelona.
This Gothic style church stands out for its fantastic stained glass windows, a large vault and an important collection of Catalan goldsmiths, although for us, the climb to its octagonal bell tower, with huge walls 4 meters thick, is the authentic icing from the cake. In addition, being a guided tour, while climbing its 54 meters high, by its narrow spiral staircase, you will learn the history and method of building the tower.
In the final part you will see its 6 bells before the 18th century, from where you will have as a gift unique views of the entire historic center and all of Barcelona, only surpassed by those of the terrace, from where the 360-degree panoramic views are simply unsurpassed.
Visiting hours: every day from 10am to 6pm, taking into account that the last guided tour of the bell tower is at 4pm.
3. Carmel Bunkers
Going up to the Carmel bunkers to watch the sunset is another of the best free things in Barcelona that you can do. Located in the upper area of Turó de la Rovira, 250 meters high, from this viewpoint you will have a magnificent panorama of the city, which makes it for many locals and tourists, in another of the best viewpoints of Barcelona.
In addition to the incredible views, this is a place with a lot of history, where the remains of anti-aircraft bunkers that were built to protect Barcelona from aerial bombing that occurred during the Civil War.
After this, for many years they were abandoned until in recent years, both by the word of mouth, as by the power of social networks, it has become a very busy place, where in addition to enjoying the views, many people stay to have a picnic or have a drink with their friends.
If you cannot go at sunset, there is also a good light first thing in the morning. Of course, you have to be lucky and cross your fingers so that the fog of pollution does not spoil the image.
The viewpoint has no schedule, but we recommend you come throughout the day or at sunset.
Views from Montjuïc Castle
- How to get to Montjuic Castle:
Cable car from Miramar Avenue
Bus 150 from Avenida de la Reina Maria Cristina
Other viewpoints of Barcelona
- Las Arenas: This shopping center has a panoramic viewpoint on the terrace with good views of Plaza España and Montjuic.
- Sagrada Familia: you can climb one of the towers to see the surroundings of the city surrounding the church and some decorative elements outside.
- Columbus Monument: it has good views of the final area of the Ramblas and the Olympic Port, although it is narrow and uncomfortable.
- Torre Collserola: it has the highest views of the city from its glazed panoramic viewpoint.
- Parque del Guinardó: in the highest part of the park there are viewpoints with good views of Barcelona.
- English Court of Plaza Cataluña: from the restaurant on the top floor you can have another perspective of Plaza Catalunya and Paseo de Gracia.
- Hotel W: from the Eclipse bar you will have magnificent views of the sea and the Barceloneta neighborhood.
- The Mirablau restaurant: located on the slope of Tibidabo, you have good views at night and during the day while you eat or drink something.
- Turó del Putxet Park: on top of the Turó del Putxet there are gardens with incredible views of Barcelona.
- Tibidabo: this old park offers remote views but that allow you to realize the size of the city.
Map of the best viewpoints in Barcelona
If you feel like helping us complete the list of the 5 best viewpoints in Barcelona, add your recommendations in the comments.
** This article is written as part of a collaboration as Omio Ambassadors, but always based on our experiences, with original content and without any brand having influenced us in any case.