This Barcelona guide in two days It is designed to visit most interesting places in one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. And although we know that it is impossible to know the entire city in 2 days, we do believe that optimizing the routes well, you can make the most of the time in Barcelona and see many of its most incredible and important places.
After touring the first day a large part of the modernist monuments of the city, the neighborhoods of Gracia and the Gothic in addition to the Ramblas, on this second day you will meet another of the most charming neighborhoods in the city, El Born, among many others stuff.
All the information in this Barcelona guide in 2 days It is based on the many trips we have made to Barcelona. We start!
Where to sleep in Barcelona
The Caledonian, is our recommended hotel for a getaway to Barcelona in two days. This hotel stands out for its great location, right in the center of the city, very close to Plaza Cataluña. It also has spacious and clean rooms, 24-hour reception, a good breakfast buffet, parking and a great quality / price ratio.
Trip from the airport to the hotel
To get to your hotel from Barcelona airport (El Prat), you have several alternatives:
- Subway: The L9 Sud metro line will take you in half an hour to the stop of the University Zone, which allows you to connect with other lines that will bring you closer to your hotel. The price is 4.5 euros.
- Train: The Rodalies train leaves from T2 to take you in 25 minutes to the Paseo de Gracia stop, near the center. The price is 4 euros.
- Airbus: This bus connects the two terminals with Plaza Cataluña in just over half an hour. The price is about 6 euros. If you stay near Plaza España, the best option is bus 46 and if you arrive at dawn you can take the N17.
- Cab: In half an hour they will take you to the city center for a price of around 30 euros.
- Private transport: The most comfortable option as a driver will wait for you at the airport that will take you directly to the hotel. You can book it here.
How to save in Barcelona
- Acquire the T10 card with which you can use the metro or bus 10 times through the most tourist area of the city.
- Book a free tour with a guide in Spanish that will explain the history of the city while touring its historic center.
- Enter the Picasso Museum for free on Thursday afternoons, the first Sunday of each month at the Hospital de la Santa Creu and Sant Pau, and on Saturday afternoons at the MNAC. Without a doubt, one of the best tips for traveling to Barcelona.
- Book the Hello BCN Card! For 2, 3, 4 or 5 days, you will have unlimited access to the city's public transport.
Another card of interest to save time and money is the Barcelona Pass.
- Save time by booking the Barcelona tourist bus, which stops at the main attractions of the city.
First day in Barcelona
This Barcelona route in 2 days Start early in the day by visiting the Sagrada Familia, one of the most representative places in the city, which opens at 9 in the morning and where you can easily reach with the metro line metro L2 and L5, which stops next to church.
Something to keep in mind to visit the Sagrada Familia, is that it has a limited number of daily tickets, so a good option to ensure entry and skip the queue is to book this guided tour in Spanish.
Another alternative is to book this guided tour, which includes the ascent to the tower with good views of the city.
The next visit of the day is close to the Sagrada Familia and is none other than the Hospital de la Santa Creu and Sant Pau, another of the essential places to visit in Barcelona, which we are sure, will not leave you indifferent.
The route of Barcelona in two days Continue walking to Park Güell, located in the upper part of the city, which is considered one of the most beautiful parks in the world and also has an excellent viewpoint to the city.
Whenever possible, we recommend arriving soon, as it also has a limited number of tickets. To keep in mind that one way to ensure entry and avoid queues is to book this guided tour of the park or this tour that also includes a visit to the Sagrada Familia without queues. If you don't want to do any guided tour, we recommend you book this ticket in advance.
Map of the route through Barcelona in two days
If you have more days you can check the Guide of Barcelona in 3 days.