This Porto guide in two days It will help you prepare a getaway for the most interesting places in one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, known for its bridges over the Duero River and for its famous wine, as well as for a very own character, which we are sure, will make it One of your favorite destinations.
Based on the experience during our trip to Porto and Guimaraes in 4 days, we have made this route to not miss any of Porto in 2 days. We start!
How to go from the airport to the center of Porto
The best means of transport to reach your hotel or the center of Porto from the airport, located 12 kilometers from the city, are:
- Subway: For less than 2 euros you will arrive at the center of Porto in half an hour with the metro line E.
- Bus: The numbers 601, 602 and 604 will leave you in the center for less than two euros, although they take much longer than the subway. Another faster option is to take the Terravision bus, which normally links to the flight's landing time. The price of this bus is 5 euros and the journey takes about 30 minutes.
- Cab: The taxi will take you to the hotel for a price of between 20 and 30 euros, depending on its location.
- Private transport: With a price similar to the taxi, even cheaper, this is the most comfortable option, since a driver will wait for you at the airport with a sign with your name, which will take you directly to your hotel. You can book it here.
You can find more information about the transfer in this post about how to go from Porto airport to downtown.
Recommended hotel in Porto
During the days we spent in the city we stayed at the Universal Residential, an excellent hotel located in the center of Porto, just 5 minutes walk from the Clérigos Tower. The hotel also has a perfect location for visit Porto in two daysIt has spacious and clean rooms, a full quality breakfast and a great quality / price ratio. Right in front of the hotel you can find a restaurant that offers live shows of fados, live singing, piano, dance music, which can be the perfect option to end the day.
Tips for saving in Porto
- A great option to learn about the history of the city while visiting its most interesting places is to book this Free tour of Porto! Free! With guide in Spanish.
- See if it is profitable to book the Porto Card that includes public transport and discounts of up to 50% in many attractions of the city.
- Most places in Porto can be visited on foot, although if you need to use public transport it is advisable to purchase the card Walking, adding several routes so that you get a better price.
- If you want a more comfortable transport it is advisable to book the tourist bus, which for 15 euros will take you to all the tourist attractions of the city.
- If you do not want to pay commissions when withdrawing money from ATMs and always have the current exchange, we recommend using the N26 card to pay and the BNEXT card to get money, our two favorite cards for travel.
You have more recommendations in this post about essential tips for traveling to Porto.
First day in Porto
This Porto route in 2 days It begins arriving early in the morning at the Mercado de Bolhao, from the beginning of the 19th century, which opens at 7 in the morning and is the most famous in the city, highlighting above all, the special charm that has been taking the step of the years and that is reflected in its two floors and a large inner courtyard, full of places to eat and buy fresh produce.
Near the market is Avenida dos Aliados that includes Praça da Liberdade, an area that is considered the center of Porto, where you will find the Town Hall and large modernist buildings full of details in the form of sculptures. As a curiosity you can enter the McDonalds that maintains the modernist style of the street.
Map of the second day of Porto in 2 days